Assistant Church Administrator
Summary: To enhance staff effectiveness by providing support for the Church Administrator, and to include administrative support to the Director of Children’s Ministries, Covenant Youth Director and Associate Pastor(s). Tasks would include, database entry, and assisting the Church Administrator in Covenant communications via website, print and social media. Responding to non-routine correspondence and working with highly confidential and sensitive information. Ability to work with a diverse group of people that call-in as well as visitors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide general recordkeeping and administrative assistance to the Director of Children’s Ministries, Youth Director and Associate Pastor(s).
- Perform data entry associated with Excel software (or similar software).
- Track payment, send reminders and construct lists for student, children and teen functions and trips.
- Assisting Church Administrator in distributing meeting notices, meeting minutes, and electronic c
- Assist the Director of Children’s Ministries and the Youth Director with volunteer and activity communications
- Welcome guests and members by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering and/or directing
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed
- Recordkeeping of staff and volunteer compliance with Covenant’s child protection policy.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as
Performance Factors - Covenant Presbyterian Church and Donegal Presbytery:
- Professional Conduct: Treats others with respect and dignity; maintains a positive attitude in the
- Personal Management: Fosters an environment that “puts people first”; maintains composure in stressful situations; manages time and maximizes own productivity; conducts work activities in a fiscally responsible manner and cooperates with others including, co-workers, pastors, presbytery members and the greater
- Day-to-day Operations: Meets deadlines; submits paperwork in a timely fashion; ensures accurate documentation and work results; protects confidentiality; demonstrates organizational and prioritization abilities; demonstrates a commitment to excellence through quality
- Communication: Provides meaningful oral and written communications in a respectful manner; relates to others with respect; demonstrates compassion and sensitivity; fosters cooperation and contributes to a climate of trust in the workplace; maintains professional interactions with
- Relational Expertise and Teamwork: Values diversity; exhibits respect and dignity when working with others; cooperatively and constructively resolve problems and disputes: commitment to resolution of performance deficiencies; patience and acceptance of others; recognizes the contribution of
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Administrative assistant experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with database entry
- Demonstrate technical and operating expertise for various types of office equipment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
with your resume