In late 2014, Pennsylvania legislature passed a series of laws to further protect the welfare of children. These laws impact those who work and interact with children in schools, education centers, day care centers, medical practices, sports leagues, scouts, other clubs, churches, and more. In accordance with Pennsylvania law, Donegal Presbytery and Covenant’s Session now require that volunteers supply three specific clearances every five years. In addition, volunteers who work with children/youth on a routine basis (weekly, overnight, seasonally) must complete online training about Pennsylvania’s new laws regarding mandated reporters.
Directions on how to attain the three clearances and Mandated Reporter training is below:
- Act 34 Pennsylvania Criminal History Check
- Act 151 Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Check
- Act 114 FBI Criminal History Report
- OR (only for PA Residents who have lived in PA for 10+ years) Ask the office for an "Affidavit for 10 year Resident"
- Mandated Reporter Training (for volunteers who work with children/youth on a routine basis - weekly, overnight, seasonally)
- Please request the use of a church computer and printer if needed.
- If you have not lived continuously in PA for the past 10 years, Covenant will also reimburse the expense of the FBI Criminal History Report (which includes fingerprinting).
- If you have lived continuously in PA for the past 10 years, you may sign an affidavit to satisfy the Act 114 FBI Criminal History Report.
- You may submit copies of clearances from/to other organizations where you work with children. The attached directions are designed to help save you money and time.
- Please submit all 3 clearances and documentation of completed online mandated reporter training (if required) together to the church office.
- In the fall, we will offer Guardian Ministry training to roll out a new Safe Church handbook.
- If you have any questions, please contact